Building maintenance is a broad term that covers anything related to the upkeep of a building. Having a persistent maintenance plan can preserve the structure of your building and protect your assets. Let’s take a closer look at what building maintenance entails.
Exterior building maintenance
Exterior maintenance services are often forgotten because they aren’t noticeable on a day-to-day basis. You may not see a roof leak when it first happens until you notice major water damage in your building. Thankfully, a routine maintenance plan can keep issues like that to an absolute minimum. Exterior building maintenance may include:
- Above- and below-grade waterproofing
- Exterior cleaning, painting, and coating
- Window sealing, window cleaning, and gasket replacement
- Parking lot and parking garage cleaning
- Concrete sealing and concrete repair
- Graffiti removal and anti-graffiti coating
- Soda blasting and pressure washing
- Sidewalk repair, demo, and replacement
- Roof repair and replacement
- Tuckpointing (mortar replacement), caulking, and brick repair
- Any other services related to preserving the exterior of a building
Interior building maintenance
Interior maintenance references things that you may interact with everyday, such as the heating/air conditioning, electricity, flooring, plumbing and more. Examples of interior building maintenance include:
- Janitorial duties, bathroom cleaning, and room cleaning
- Floor sealing and polishing
- HVAC maintenance
- Plumbing and electrical repair
- Pest control
- Rug cleaning
- Fire safety inspections
Interior remodeling may not be considered maintenance, but it does impact guest experience and the value of your building. Thus, you may include paint touchups, flooring replacement, and other renovation services as part of your long-term property management.
Maintenance for other areas of the property, such as the parking lot or parking garage
In addition to maintaining the interior and exterior of your building, you need a maintenance plan for other features on your property. The parking garage, parking lot, dumpster location, landscaping, etc. all require their own layer of care. JK Industries offers parking area maintenance in addition to our exterior building services.
Get a maintenance plan that’s customized for your building
Your building has a unique set of needs. A century-old brick building downtown requires different maintenance than a brand-new complex with EIFS coating. JK Industries will tailor a plan specifically for your building. Give us a call to schedule a consultation for building maintenance.