Waterproofing is an essential service for any business. Whether you have an expansive warehouse or a multi-level parking garage, your building should be properly sealed. This guide explores common types of waterproofing for commercial properties.
Types of waterproofing services
Waterproofing can refer to any service designed to keep water out. Something as simple as the caulking around a window is a form of waterproofing. Examples of waterproofing services include:
- Above-grade waterproofing, which pertains to surfaces above ground level
- Below-grade waterproofing, which protects against groundwater and flooding below ground level
- Joint sealing and expansion joint replacement
- Concrete crack repair and concrete sealing
- Exterior coating, such as EIFS
- Window replacement, window sealing and window gasket replacement
- Leak detection and correction
- Wet glazing, flashing sealing, and planter waterproofing
- Installing or extending drainage systems around the property
- Hydro-expansive grouts and epoxy grout injection
Does waterproofing happen before or after construction?
Some types of waterproofing are factored into the construction process, while others happen long after a building is constructed. For example, your builders may complete foundation waterproofing and below-grade waterproofing in the early stages of construction because that is the easiest time to access below ground level.
With this in mind, you can get your existing building waterproofed at any time. Many waterproofing techniques require applications every few years for optimal performance. The experts at JK Industries can help you determine which waterproofing plan will be best for your building.
How long does commercial waterproofing last?
Some waterproofing solutions last for years, while others last for decades. The duration of the waterproofing will depend on materials, climate, age of the building, and other factors. If you’ve noticed pooling water, rust stains, concrete cracking, or other signs of water infiltration, you likely need a new round or waterproofing.
JK Industries specializes in waterproofing, parking garage maintenance, exterior coatings, and other maintenance services. We can create a custom waterproofing plan that is tailored to your property. Contact us to schedule your in-person consultation.